Sri Ramakrishna And Narendra

On another occasion, Sri Ramakrishna put Narendra(later swami vivekananda) to a difficult test. He said to him,

Sri Ramakrishna:"As a result of the austerities I have practised, I have possessed all the supernatural powers for a long time. I am thinking of asking the Mother to transfer them all to you. She has told me that you will be able to use them when necessary. What do you say?"
Narendra: "Will they help me to realize God?"
Sri Ramakrishna:"No,they won’t help you to do that. But they might be very useful after you have realized God and when you start doing His work."
 Narendra: "Then let me realize God first. After that, it will be time enough to decide if I need them or not. If I accept them now, I may forget God, make selfish use of them, and thus come to grief."
Sri Ramakrishna was greatly pleased to see Narendra’s single minded devotion.

Sri Ramakrishna said about him: "Narendra is a great soul – perfect in meditation. He cuts the veils of maya to pieces with the sword of knowledge. Inscrutable maya can never bring him under her control."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga Mudras for Life

Vallalar Birthday Today

Phalaharini Kali Puja